We are a congregation of Christians, i.e., saved people who follow Jesus Christ. As stated on our HOME PAGE, we are trying to live righteously as 1st-century Christians in the 21st century. This local church is non-denominational; thus, we are not tied to or allied with any religious denomination. Our mission/goal is to be the church that is described in the New Testament Scriptures. Why? Because it is the only religious organization founded by Jesus Christ (Matthew 16:13-19; Ephesians 1:22-23)!
Many churches feature entertainment [e.g., solo singers; choirs; "praise bands"; drama] that attempts to please the audience. However, true worship focuses on what pleases God (John 4:23-24)! Therefore, our assemblies for worship feature these divinely-mandated activities...
• Praying to our heavenly Father (Acts 2:42; 1 Timothy 2:1-4).
• Singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs (Colossians 3:16; Ephesians 5:19).
• Preaching and teaching God's Word, i.e., the Bible (Acts 11:25-27; 20:7).
• Partaking of the Lord's supper (1 Corinthians 11:23-29) on Sunday only (Acts 20:7).
• Giving money for the Lord's work (2 Corinthians 9:6-7) on Sunday only (1 Corinthians 16:1-2).
The Bible is the sole standard of authority for all of our preaching and teaching (2 Timothy 2:15; 3:16-17) – sermons, exhortations, Bible classes for adults and children, etc.
We do not operate businesses, provide recreation, participate in sponsoring church schemes, or use church funds to support human institutions. Our divinely-assigned work consists of the same 3 main areas of responsibility which are described in the New Testament Scriptures...
• Evangelism – teaching spiritually-lost people (1 Thessalonians 1:1,8).
• Edification – spiritually building up saved people (Ephesians 4:11-16).
• Benevolence – helping needy Christians (Romans 15:25-27).
Our spiritual family worships God, studies His Word, and does His work together. If this appeals to you, then please assemble with us whenever you are in the South Chesterfield VA area. You are always welcome in all of our assemblies!
NOTE: This brief description of the Happy Hill church of Christ is not presented here as an "official" church creed or doctrinal statement. If you desire more information, then please contact us today. We welcome your questions and/or comments!